Thursday, April 16, 2009

Composting Class

I singed up for Cabarrus county's newsletter when we moved back in Janurary. They have your normal county information as well as some classes offered for kids and adults. Well today I received the newest e-letter and they are having a class on composting. So I immediately sent off an email asking to be registered for the class.

Now I know I might not learn much more than what I've picked up on the internet, but they are offering a free composting bin for participating in the class. I'm not sure what type of bin it'll be, but for free and to be able to meet new folks makes it more than worth it!

Now that I'm all geeked out about going to this class, I'm off to ask the deli owner in the ground floor of our building to save me his coffee grounds.

Enjoy the weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Great source for grounds! Just remember, no more than 25% of your compost should be grounds. I was very lucky to get enough from the internet to make very good compost the first time out. That said, a gardening buddy of mine has been gardening for 50 years and never got hot composting right.

    It can't hurt to do both, research the heck out of it AND take the class. You're absolutely right that you'll meet like minded folks in your area, which is PRICELESS! Way to go Phillip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sinfonian! I still haven't set up my compost bins yet. I have found a source for pallets, I just need to get off my lazy bum and get to it!

    ReplyDelete